Monday, August 26, 2013

My name is......????



Sometimes I wake up and get so excited that I am a real missionary.  I forgot my first name this week.  Someone asked me what my real name was and I couldn't remember for a few seconds haha.  I love being a missionary!!!!!


Everyone complains about how hot it is here and I want to smack everyone!!!  Whenever I tell someone I'm from Arizona, EVERY SINGLE PERSON says, "you must love this weather!"  They are all a bunch of babies:)  
    I already hate my clothes and I feel like a hobo everyday.  When we go shopping on Mondays I don't even remember what cute clothes look like anymore, its horrifying.  BTW, if anyone loves me, they could burn me a church cd:)  We listen to the same songs everyday!!!!!!  

My perspective of my mission has changed this week because of a few experiences.  Yesterday, me and Sister Denkers were getting ready to go to an appointment when we felt inspired to go visit one of our investigators named Rori.  We got there and standing outside was one of Rori's friends named Matt.  Matt is not a member.  We started talking to him and he was telling us all of his problems and that he needed to find a job and asked us to help him find a job.  (on a side note, earlier that day in personal study I was reading in Jacob 1:19.  It is a powerful verse.  The way I interpreted it, is that as I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints,  I have a responsibility to teach with all diligence, and preach repentance.  If I fail to do so I will be held accountable.  This verse hit me hard.)  Usually I try and be nice to these people and tell them that Heavenly Father knows your heart, and that as long as you are trying your best everything will work out.  BUT!!!  like I said, my perspective has changed.  I pretty much rebuked him:) haha in a nice way.  I asked him what he wanted in life, and he said a stable home, a good job, and happiness.  Then I asked him how he was going to get to the point.  He said.....By the grace of God!!!!!  Thats when I felt like Nephi preaching, I told him that God will not save you unless you do your part, and that you need to change your life or else you are going to be miserable.  It was super powerful and he got kind of scared:)  He said he knew he needed to change so we will see what happens!! 


There is this lady that we teach every Sunday, because she is older and can't make it to church.  So we went there last night and were just giving her a little lesson.  Then I felt inspired to ask her is she had any questions or concerns about the church. (I tell you, being on a mission, I feel inspired to to things all of the time!!!)  She said no at first, but then we finally got it out of her that she had a hard time believing Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he wrote the Book of Mormon.  We have been teaching her forever and she never told us this!!!!!!!!!  I asked her if she knew the Book of Mormon was true.  She said yes.  So I BOLDY testified to her that if she knew the Book of Mormon was true, then she knew that that Joseph Smith was a prophet.  We then proceeded to bear testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith and looked up some scriptures.  At the end of the night she said she wanted to prepare to go through the temple!!!  WHOA BABY!!!  Can you believe these miracles?  Man, my perspective has seriously changed this week.  

I can't even remember what else happened this week because those experiences are clouding my mind:).  I didn't know I would love missionary work as much as I do now.  I love my Savior and the blessings I have received in my life.  Our Salvation is predicated by our Faith.  I love my family and friends so much and I"m sorry I am so boring!!!  LOVE YOU!
Sister Walker

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com