Wednesday, August 21, 2013

TRANSFER CALLS CAME....

Transfer calls came this week......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I and I am staying here in Twin Falls!!!!!:)  Woooo Hooo!!!  I never want to leave this place.  Sister Hamilton, my trainer went home to Salt Lake City last week (I only cried for like 2 minutes) so it is just me and little Denkers.
She came out 3 weeks before me so we are both going to be training each other this transfer.  We are getting along great these days so I'm happy to be staying with her.  There are about 30 missionaries coming to our mission today.  Most are Elders and there are like 5 Sisters.  Next transfer we should be getting another 30 so we are growing super fast here!!!!!!
ok funny story.  Me and Denkers were trying to contact his lady who wanted to hear about the gospel.  We walk up to the door and her husband answers (we have been by a few times before and he always answers the door, he doesn't like it when we come.)  He is holding a huge doughnut and was like, "ohhhhh sisters it is not a good time right now".  We got concerned and asked what was wrong.  HE said "oh....um...I just had a heart attack. "  hahah RIGHT!!!  I wanted to laugh but then I didn't just in case he was telling the truth.  It was pretty funny though.  

We hosted a big FHE this monday with a few in active families we are working with.  IT was so fun. there were a few other sets of missionaries that came and helped out too. We held it at the church and we just played a lot of games and taught them how to be missionaries.  I feel like I have known these families FOREVER!

WE HAD OUR FIRST BAPTISM ON TUESDAY!!!  Harley and Brenda.
 It was the most amazing thing in the whole world.  The mom is not a member but we invited her to say the closing prayer.  When she prayed the spirit filled the room and she started to cry, saying how proud she was of her kids.  I bet you money she will be baptized by the end of my transfer.  Since I've met the dad, he has always had a HUGE beard and Stache.  The day of the baptism he shaved it all off and none of us recognized him!  Sister Denkers waved to him and walked past him not knowing who he was haha.  IT was just such an amazing experience to see a family coming closer to Christ.  

We taught another baptist who was totally grinding us with questions, like dumb questions he obviously got from anti Mormon literature.  Somehow we answered all of his questions and it turned out great.  I asked him after if he still thinks Mormons are crazy and he said yes. haha.  I just laughed and pretended like I was doing voodoo on him.  

We went to the temple this week and saw the new video.  It so so nice just to sit in the temple and not have to worry about anything going on.  We get to go every quarter, which I'm not sure exactly what the means.

All is good down here in good ole Idaho.  Sometimes I forget where I am and I think I am still in Arizona.  But I love you all and will send some pics of my adventures.  Thank you for your support!!!!

Sister Walker

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com